Chestnut Labs to offer Challenge and Shelf-Life Studies Course October 17-18
Chestnut Labs, a leading food safety solutions provider, is hosting its final M-series food safety education course of 2017 Oct. 17-18 in Springfield, Mo. Food safety microbiology experts will present "Advanced Food Microbiology: Challenge & Shelf-Life Studies" (M202).
This course is designed for students that have completed Chestnut Labs previous basic microbiology courses, or have already had experience with microbiology in a laboratory setting. The primary focus of the course is pathogenic microorganisms in food, including two days of exercises in a lab setting with the construction of death curves.
THIS COURSE IS SUGGESTED FOR:
- Food QA Managers
- Food Safety Leads/Managers
- Senior Food Laboratory Staff
- Operations Personnel in the food industry
The educators for this course are Dr. Mary Bandu, Director of Technical Services for Chestnut Labs, Dr. Haiping Li, Director of Microbiology & Regulatory Affairs, and Matt Oltman, Lead Research Microbiologist.
- Bandu joined Chestnut Labs in November of 2011 as the Director of Technical Services – research and chemistry. She has 10 years of experience in analytical chemistry and holds a patent for sequencing unknown oligoneucleotides using tandam mass spectrometry.
- Li is a food safety expert with more than 20 years of research experience in molecular microbiology, processing risk assessment, pathogen stress response, and dairy fermentation. Prior to Chestnut Labs, Haiping worked at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration as a processing microbiology expert directing several research projects, and serving on various committees.
- Oltman has been with Chestnut Labs since 2007. His first role was as a Microbiologist working in the Microbiology Division, testing for indicator and pathogenic organisms in a wide variety of food matrices utilizing DNA, ELISA and EFLA based technologies, as well as performing bacterial identification and serotyping.
Base registration for the course is $1,495 per individual. Group pricing is also available by contacting Chestnut Labs at (417) 829-3673 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Complete registration information, including the course agenda is available at chestnutlabs.com/events.
Chestnut Labs is a leading ISO 17025 accredited Food Safety Solutions provider. These solutions assist customers with meeting the demands of the changing regulatory environment, as well as customer expectations. Microbiology, Chemistry, Research, Training, Auditing and Consulting are all a part of the Food Safety Solutions portfolio of services. We are dedicated to providing our clients with tailored, timely and accurate services to solve today’s challenges.