PATHOGEN ENVIRONMENTAL MONITORING
Chestnut Labs can assist in developing an pathogen environmental monitoring program. Control of pathogenic microorganisms in the manufacturing environment is a key component to the overall Food Safety Program. As regulatory requirements continue to become more stringent, it is imperative to prove that you have a robust program that is being followed. Chestnut Labs can assist you with evaluating your current program or with development of a new program.
DEVELOPMENT OF A PLANT PEM PROGRAM INCLUDES:
- Conducting an environmental Risk Assessment to determine risk areas, niche point, evaluate traffic patterns and evaluate process flows.
- Assistance with the creation of plant maps and the required identification of key elements.
- Conducting a Hygienic Zone Assessment in order to ensure production areas are properly zoned.
- Sample site determination based on risk.
- Determination of the proper sampling frequency for each location.
- Evaluation of proper sampling materials based on sites.
- Training on how to properly collect an environmental sample (drains, walls, floors, liquids vs. dry samples, etc.)
- Proper sample submission to the laboratory for testing.
- Evaluation of the right testing technology for your application (ex. PCR vs. ELISA)
- Development of Corrective Action Documentation.
- Development of SOP’s and Group Training Sessions on your PEM program.
An effective monitoring program is a critical component to measuring the overall effectiveness of the microbiological controls that are in a food processing facility.